Re: Tidying lots of files at once

I have attached a couple shell scripts we use to run the Tidy regression
test.  It iterates over a directory, tidying each markup file with it's
optional config file, placing the output into a separate directory.  You
could probably strip out all the diff logic.

Here's the gist on tidy returns:

0       No Errors, No Warnings
1       No Errors, >0 Warnings
2       >0 Errors, >0 Warnings

In Windows, you can test the errorlevel variable after running Tidy.  E.g.

tidy -f %1.err -config foo.tidy.cfg %1 > out/%1
if errorlevel 2 goto handle_errors
if errorlevel 1 goto handle_warnings
goto success

:handle_errors
echo Had errors
goto done

:handle_errors
echo Had warnings
goto done

:success
echo No errors or warnings
goto done

:done

I didn't test this, so it might need some cleanup.

take it easy,
Charlie