RE: Java Tidy

From: George Matthes <George@rga.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 15:10:24 -0400
To: "'Arun Sundaram'" <arun_co@yahoo.com>, html-tidy@w3.org

Don't, setXHTML(true);
This will return html namespace.

-----Original Message-----
From: Arun Sundaram [mailto:arun_co@yahoo.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 10, 2002 2:56 PM
To: html-tidy@w3.org
Subject: Java Tidy

I have been using TidyCOM for quite some
time. Recently I started using Java version
of Tidy --tidy.jar

After it parses a HTML file the output of the
Java version of tidy has the default XHTML namespace
like this.

&lt;html
xmlns=&#34;http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml&#34;&gt;

This causes a problem with the programs that use
this output. Of course I could programatticaly remove
the namespace declaration.

But  I wonder how to turn the xmlns generation off.
This does not happen with TidyCOM.

Thanks in advance.

Arun