question on fix-uri config option

From: Amit Narayanan <amit_narayanan@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 15:37:59 -0400 (EDT)
To: html-tidy@w3.org

Hello,

I've a quick question on the fix-uri option of Tidy.  It is my understanding that the fix-uri option is "yes" by default.  (Although I've set this option to "yes" in my config file)

indent: yes
indent-spaces: 2
fix-uri: yes
show-warnings: yes
output-xhtml: yes
output-xml: yes
wrap: 72

However, any html with an unescaped link, when passed through tidy with the above config, doesn't result in an escaped link in the final html.  For eg. the link I'm trying to escape using tidy is: http://www.something.org?onething=1&anotherthing=2&everything=1+2.  The link arrives in the output html with the '&' character alone encoded with the html "&amp;" .. and not its equivalent escaped url character "%26".

Am I doing something wrong ?  I shall read through the documentation again (perhaps even the source code) but if someone' knows what I'm doing wrong and can help me out, that'd be awesome!

thanks,

-Amit.