A bug, or a problem

From: Octavian Rasnita <orasnita@home.ro>
Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2002 22:09:01 -0400 (EDT)
To: <html-tidy@w3.org>

Dear Sirs,

I am blind and I use to validate the html files I make using the HTML Tidy.
The program shows me some accessibility errors that i don't want to correct.
I've asked a lot of blind computer users and I couldn't find anyone to like
finding a default text in a form field.
The modern screen readers can read the screen and don't need information
like table caption, or defining the row headers, etc.
There are a lot other things the blind users don't need and don't like.

I think you should rethink the accessibility validation.

I am not thinking only to Windows users that are using the best screen
reader.
I also used links for Linux, and lynx but I still don't like to hear that
text there in the form fields.

Anyway, the Unix graphical interface is now accessible for the blind, and a
screen reader for this interface will be ready soon.

If the screen reader can read the text which is before the form fields, like
a sighted person do, it can translate the text to speech, or to print that
text on a Braille display, etc.

Now about my problem.
Tidy DBG tell me that it found a lot of errors and that not all errors are
shown.
This is a problem because maybe there are other errors (not shown) that I
would like to correct.
However, to be able to do that, I need to correct those errors I don't want
to correct first.

Can you let the program to correct all the errors?

Thank you.

Teddy's Center: http://teddy.fcc.ro/
Mail: orasnita@home.ro