Re: Use TidyCOM in ASP

From: Aravind <aravind@longboys.net>
Date: Sun, 08 Sep 2002 23:46:15 -0700
To: html-tidy@w3.org
Cc: Wade Leftwich <wade@lightlink.com>

I might be way off and have not used TidyCOM , but in ASP
you could probably ensure creating a single object of
TidyCom by declaring it as an application variable.
Thanks
Aravind.

Hello,

I am looking at using TidyCOM in an ASP application, to
clean up HTML that
users type into a textarea.

On the TidyCOM home page
(http://perso.wanadoo.fr/ablavier/TidyCOM/ ), I find
this warning:
"""
Warning: TidyCOM's code is not re-entrant--no more than 1
instance of
TidyObject should be alive at the same time in the same
process.
"""

Pardon my ignorance about ASP (I'm more of a Zope person),
but does this mean
only one TidyObject may exist in the entire ASP
application? If that's the
case, I guess I have to do a queue-and-mutex thing.

Any advice or recommendations of alternatives appreciated.

Wade Leftwich
Ithaca, NY