RE: Request: a 'strip-presentation' option

That's how I interpreted it.  I think author assigned class attributes are
highly "structural" in the sense they are one of the few ways to add
semantic meaning to presentation oriented markup.  Because of this, class
attributes are prime candidates for XPath statements in XSLT
transforms.  Which, I believe, is another way to say what Richard said.

As a practical matter, it will be difficult to distinguish author-supplied
from Tidy-generated class attributes.  Better to simply not generate
them.  But this is an implementation detail.

take it easy,
Charlie