Re: How to save tabs?

From: Charles Reitzel <creitzel@rcn.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 11:17:25 -0400
To: Jeff Ford <jeff_fords@yahoo.com>
Cc: html-tidy@w3.org

Hi Jeff,

Actually, no, I don't believe Tidy will pass tabs to the output.  Your
<pre> elements should still be OK, however.  By default, Tidy expands these
to 8 spaces - which is what the browsers will use as well.  So, given that
you are displaying with a fixed pitch font in a <PRE> element, all should
be well.

Now, I presume there is something wrong with the statement above, otherwise
you wouldn't have sent your note.  Can you send a sample that illustrates
the problem?  Also, what browser?

take it easy,
Charlie