How to save tabs?

From: Jeff Ford <jeff_fords@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 10:56:11 -0400 (EDT)
To: html-tidy@w3.org

Hi all !!

Can anyone tell me, please,  is there any way to save tabs (\t) ? I.e DO NOT CONVERT THEM TO SPACES. Its important for us, because we get many docs, which have tabs inside tags 'pre', and they play important role in formatting content - many browsers can correct align content in 'pre', if there tabs and they can't align it, if threre spaces.

Thanks.

Jeff Ford.