Re: How to install

At 9:34 AM -0400 7/16/02, Ellery Harrington wrote:
>Hi everyone.  I'm a (Mandrake) linux newbie, and I can't figure out how
>to install tidy.  I downloaded the source and tried to compile Makefile
>with gcc, but got errors.  I also tried the binary, but it says "cannot
>execute binary file".  I know I'm probably way off, but I'm not sure
>what to do.  Can anyone point me in the right direction, or is there
>already a set of instructions somewhere?  Thanks for your help.

I don't think anyone is actively supporting a port of Tidy to Mandrake, at
least according to the following link for Linux distributions of Tidy :

<http://rpmfind.net/linux/rpm2html/search.php?query=tidy>

And since I am not a Mandrake user, I will have some difficulty helping you.

Specifically what version (date) of the source code did you download (from
where), and what sort of errors did you get? Chances are, the errors could
be fixed quite simply, since the code is quite portable (and appears to be
maintained for some Linux distributions).

And when you say binary, again what version, what platform was it compiled
for, and where did you download it from?

I'm sure if there are any Mandrake users out there, they will speak up.

Regards, Terry Teague