How to install

From: Ellery Harrington <elleryh@ctps.org>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 09:34:22 -0400 (EDT)
To: html-tidy@w3.org

Hi everyone.  I'm a (Mandrake) linux newbie, and I can't figure out how
to install tidy.  I downloaded the source and tried to compile Makefile
with gcc, but got errors.  I also tried the binary, but it says "cannot
execute binary file".  I know I'm probably way off, but I'm not sure
what to do.  Can anyone point me in the right direction, or is there
already a set of instructions somewhere?  Thanks for your help.
-Ellery