RE: Tidy adding returns inside xml elements

From: Charles Reitzel <creitzel@rcn.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 12:33:54 -0400
To: "Jelks Cabaniss" <jelks@jelks.nu>
Cc: <html-tidy@w3.org>

That isn't necessary with generic XML.  Tidy only does well-formed-ness
checking on generic XML as it has no knowledge of the content model.

Tidy could print all empty tags the way Howard wants, tho.  Do folks want
that behavior for all generic XML?  Opinions, please.  I really don't have
one on this subject.  Also, there is an outstanding bug to turn off
indenting for generic XML (you can't).

take it easy,
Charlie