Re: non ascii characters transformed to whatever

Hi Fernando,

Did you try -latin1 to specify you have extended chars?  If the characters
are Latin1 (ISO-8859-1) symbols, then Tidy should read the raw characters
and emit nice HTML entities (either numeric or symbolic).

If your symbol characters are in some other encoding (Windows-1252? Mac
Roman?), you may still be able to get Tidy to recognize them.

See http://tidy.sf.net/docs/quickref.html#char-encoding

If that doesn't work, send us a small sample.

take it easy,
Charlie