nbsp octal 240

From: Dan Jacobson <jidanni@yahoo.com.tw>
Date: 23 Jan 2002 07:53:02 +0800
To: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Cc: html-tidy@w3.org
>> also please don't put \240's where nbsp's were!

Bjoern> Why not? Tidy does this only under certain circumstances.

Because some of us want to control that we can exclude non ascii chars
from our web pages, as it breaks other stuff.  for instance an octal
240 will adhere to other chars to seem to be a chinese big5, if the
file already contains others... or it will cause coding systems
dilemmas in emacs.... anyways, the new tidy has a switch, but as my
other message i think noted, some 240 still get thru...
I want to keep 128 to 255 out.
--
http://www.geocities.com/jidanni/ Taiwan(04)25854780