Re: Changing default settings

From: Frank Jukes <frank@spinningweb.net>
Date: Sun, 19 May 2002 13:39:51 +0100
To: Charles Reitzel <creitzel@rcn.com>
Cc: HTML Tidy Mail List <html-tidy@w3.org>
Charles, thanks for the response...

At 14:00 18/05/2002 -0400, you wrote:

>You've got the environment variable named right.  Hopefully, it's
>something basic.  Here's a couple things to check:
>
>1) that the environment variable is actually set for the process Tidy runs
>within.  I have found various flavors of Windows to be pretty crappy about
>environment inheritance (contrary to all docs).   Setting a system
>environment variable usually does the trick.  Avoid user vars.

I had it set as a user variable, but have changed it to a system variable now.

>2) Check Tidy's output for any messages about the config file.  I.e. make
>sure you don't have a typo in the path and that the path is absolute.

No errors apparently but Tidy still isn't picking up all my preferences
rather than the default.

Another problem: Tools -> Tidy HTML Format and Fix... -> Tidy Document in
1st Page 2000 overwrites my preferences file with onr consisting of

wrap: 200

tab-size: 4

indent: no

indent-spaces: 2