Re: Changing default settings

From: Charles Reitzel <creitzel@rcn.com>
Date: Sat, 18 May 2002 14:00:38 -0400
To: Frank Jukes <frank@spinningweb.net>
Cc: HTML Tidy Mail List <html-tidy@w3.org>
Hi Frank,

You've got the environment variable named right.  Hopefully, it's something
basic.  Here's a couple things to check:

1) that the environment variable is actually set for the process Tidy runs
within.  I have found various flavors of Windows to be pretty crappy about
environment inheritance (contrary to all docs).   Setting a system
environment variable usually does the trick.  Avoid user vars.

2) Check Tidy's output for any messages about the config file.  I.e. make
sure you don't have a typo in the path and that the path is absolute.

take it easy,
Charlie