Re: tidy (fwd)

A couple things:

a) if the software can safely determine for itself if a newline will affect
rendering, then that is definitely better than a toggle.  Tidy has too many
toggles as it is (that is, too many to be learned and effectively used by
most users).

b) does the application of styles on TD elements have any impact on browser
behavior?  My experience developing page layouts to the pixel is that these
render the same:

<TD>Some text</TD>

<TD>
Some text
</TD>

But, I always had a style applied to <TD> and explicitly set column widths,
etc.  So I wonder if anyone has ever done any systematic experimentation
with browsers around this?

take it easy,
Charlie