RE: exclude class style span stuff

From: Jason Manaigre <jmanaigre@iisd.ca>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 10:02:59 -0500
To: <html-tidy@w3.org>
Hi all...

I agree this behavior from Word (for me, the problems come from WordXP)
of slapping all these span tags is nasty! Would be great if tidy would
remove them.

Man I can't even count the amount of times I use Tidy daily! It rocks...
plain and simple, it just needs to keep up with Microsoft craziness...

Later.

>to a simple

>Th option "--word-2000" true does not help.

And there is no alternative, i.e. this is currently unimplemented. I am
not used to the flavour of HTML Word 2000 produces, if anyone can
confirm this is a general problem and it is a good idea to strip those
span containers, we can implement this in HTML Tidy.