Re: Config file suggestion (fwd)

From: J. David Bryan <jdbryan@acm.org>
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2002 19:15:13 -0400
To: HTML Tidy List <html-tidy@w3.org>
On 11 Apr 2002, at 13:47, Charles Reitzel wrote:

> If you must support a DOS/Windows-style file name, my vote is tidy.rc.
> At least this file extension can be associated with a text editor for
> easy access from the GUI.
>
> [...]
>
> Thoughts?

I would recommend against ".rc" as the configuration file extension, at
least on Win32 platforms.  That extension has been used historically for
Windows resource compiler source files.

I would suggest that ".ini" might be better for the Win32 platform, as it
is already associated with program configuration files and likely is
already set up to invoke a text editor.

                                      -- Dave