Re: don't collapse two spaces at the end of a sentence

From: Barney Wol <Barney.Wol@noctua.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 23:08:55 +0000
To: "Drew Volpe" <drew_volpe@elytics.com>
Cc: html-tidy@w3.org
Hi Drew,

>>   Personally I always use two spaces at the end of sentences. Yes, it
>                                                               ^^^
>;-)
>
>never say never...

Hmmm... not sure what happenned there.  There WERE two spaces on my
original, but I think some line-wrapping must have taken one out
somewhere.

>I use two spaces as well and agree with what you wrote; two spaces are
>more legible, but it's Tidy's job to make documents confirm to the
>W3C spec, not to beautify them.

Other respondents have pointed out that any action is irrelevant, as
the spec requires browsers to collapse multiple white-space
characters to just one, so it is easier for Tidy to do nothing.
Especially as it is not illegal for a document to contain multiple
spaces.

	TTFN,

		Peter

Barn Owls and more at http://www.owlsanctuary.co.uk/
See my web links page at: http://www.noctua.demon.co.uk/links/links.html
PGP encryption software available free from <http://www.pgpi.org>
My PGP id = 0x332B72C0
& PGP fp = 3535 9AD9 C0EA 3606 0DE4  3811 422E 10B4 332B 72C0