Passing through unknown tags in <head>?

From: Bill Burton <billb@progress.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 21:26:25 -0400
To: html-tidy@w3.org
Hello,

I'm trying to convert some HTML files to XML and then process them with
XSLT.  However, these HTML files have proprietary tags in the <head>
section which Tidy strips out.  I've been looking at the jTidy source to
see if there's any obvious way to get these tags to pass through.  One
thought is to extend the custom tag configuration so the specified tags
can also exist in the <head> section.

If anyone has any suggestions on how I can approach this problem, I'd
appreciate the advice.

Thanks,
-Bill