Re: Tidy Version?

On 23 Feb 2001, at 0:12, Victor Chisholm wrote:

> I'm a bit confused... per Dave Raggett's reply below, was this already to
> have been updated, or will it be updated in March?

The link you cited is supposed to point at the latest (4 August 2000)
version of HTML Tidy, but I see that it still references the 30 April 2000
version.  Dave?

> I haven't downloaded the source code:
> http://www.w3.org/People/Raggett/tidy4aug00.zip which is supposed to be
> up-to-date (novice = scared by compiling)...

You don't need to compile it.  The ZIP file contains not only the source
code but also the Tidy executable (i.e., TIDY.EXE).  Just extract that one
file from the archive after downloading (or unpack the entire ZIP file into
a directory, move the TIDY.EXE file out to another location, and delete the
rest of the files).

                                      -- Dave