Tidy - bug report 2

From: Brian Randell <Brian.Randell@newcastle.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2001 12:53:50 -0500 (EST)
To: html-tidy@w3.org
Dave:

I think I've just found another inconsistency that you might want to
look at - the W3C HTML Validator objects, but Tidy does not complain
about, files whose first or second line:

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"
"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/loose.dtd">

is missing the quotation marks.

cheers

Brian Randell

PS Hope this helps - as I've certainly found Tidy invaluable to me.

--
Dept. of Computing Science, University of Newcastle, Newcastle upon Tyne,
NE1 7RU, UK