Re: tidycom 1.2.5 memtomem broken

From: April <awhite@mail.rosecom.ca>
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2001 07:15:37 -0400
To: tidy <html-tidy@w3.org>
André Blavier wrote:

  There are 2 hypothesis:
  - tidy couldn't generate a valid output, due to serious errors in the
  - the TidyCOM TidyMemToMem() function is still flawed (which is not

here is a sample document:

    <META http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html;
    <META NAME="Author" CONTENT="AWhite, Delta Development">
    <META NAME="Generator" CONTENT="Hyperion v1.0">
  <STYLE type="text/css">

  This is a simple document!

I use in VB:   results = Tidy.TidyMemToMem(rtfPage.Text)

If there are no errors (ie. Tidy.TotalWarnings + Tidy.TotalErrors == 0)
then I optionally create a new document with the
results.  If there are errors, I either create a new document with the
results, or load the warnings & errors into a listbox in
my editor so the user can go through them iondividually.  In either case
where I create a new document, there is nothing there!

I corrupted the above example (ie. changed </STYLE> to </STLE>), and the
result string was still empty.

The previous version worked satisfactorily.

Hope this is helpful