<server> and <script> tags

From: Bradley S. Huffman <hip@a.cs.okstate.edu>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 14:55:27 -0500
To: html-tidy@w3.org
I have a whole bunch of old HTML files with Server-Side Javascript (which
uses <server>...</server> tags). Tidy screws up <,>,& and such between
these tags, changing them to &lt;, &gt;, &amp; (just like the documentation
in parser.c says it will).  For my use, the <server> tag needs to be treated
like the <script> tag.  By grep'ing for 'tag_script' and adding code
for a 'tag_server' (5 lines in 4 files) and re-compiling, I seemed to have
solved my problem.

I'm just curious why <server> tags are handled this way?  I'm guessing it
has something to do with having a valid XML document as output, or another
company besides Netscape/iPlanet use this tag for a different purpose.

Brad