RE: Unexpected behaviour

From: Reitzel, Charlie <CReitzel@arrakisplanet.com>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 14:01:07 -0400
To: html-tidy@w3.org
Cc: VAN BRUWAENE Kris <Kris.VANBRUWAENE@VRT.BE>, "'Fred.Bone@dial.pipex.com'" <Fred.Bone@dial.pipex.com>
I'm w/ Kris on this one.  Tidy probably shouldn't replace & with &amp;
within the text of an href or src attribute.

I did a test, however, and it appears that the link is not broken by the
replacement.  The browser may substitute the entity w/ the actual character
before submitting the URL.  I just did this quickly, without a functional
URL.  But the URL displayed on the status line of the browser (IE5) appears
correct: file:///C:/temp/search.pl?key1=value1&key2=value2

You can turn off & replacement with the option:
	tidy --quote-ampersand=no ...

take it easy,
Charlie