Re: Table cell border for null cells?

From: <nick@brainstorm.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 01 May 2001 14:59:30 +0100
To: Sebastian Lange <lange@cyperfection.de>
Cc: html-tidy@w3.org
> put a <BR> into the otherwise empty table cell and it will appear as you
> wish (as long as you wish the cell to be at least one line high).

Thanks Sebastian, I believe either a space or br will work.  My question
however was was if there is a way for Tidy to strip out spaces?  Asking
all Word users to manually break each cell of a very large table so
there exists a <br> instead of a space is hardly an option.

> >While I'm here - anyone know of a decent wysiwyg HTML editor for windows
> >for the non-techies in our orgnaization?
>
> If you _must_ - use Macromedia's Dreamweaver...

My fault - I should have said we need a free/open-source editor, not a
commercial site manager.  Dreamweaver doesn't really cut it for
site-management here - no support for CVS versioning or ssh/scp
syncronization.

nick