Re: Fixing duplicate definitions of an attribute

From: Richard A. O'Keefe <ok@atlas.otago.ac.nz>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 12:03:48 +1200 (NZST)
To: html-tidy@w3.org, lieuwen@research.bell-labs.com
Daniel Lieuwen <lieuwen@research.bell-labs.com> wrote:

	I suggest that duplicate definitions of an attribute, e.g.,

	<foo num=7 num=8 y=9 num=3>

	not simply be flagged with a warning, but repaired to the appropriate
	value
	using the last attribute definition---in other words this should become

	<foo num="3" y="9">

This is not just a problem that has come up before,
it is a problem for which I submitted CODE last year.

Some browsers take the *first* definition, some take the *last*,
so forcibly taking the last definition would in many cases be dead wrong;
the code I posted gave you the power to chose which one you got.

What happened to that patch, anyway?