Re: JTidy exception: IllegalAccessError

From: Gary L Peskin <garyp@firstech.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 10:36:46 -0800
To: Michael Goldberg <MGoldberg@yet2.com>
CC: "'html-tidy@w3.org'" <html-tidy@w3.org>
Michael Goldberg wrote:

> All,
>
> I am trying to use jtidy for the first time, but I get an IllegalAccessError
> exception with the following stack trace:
>
> java.lang.IllegalAccessError: org/w3c/tidy/ParserImpl: field _parseHead is
> inaccessible

Michael --

This is indeed pretty bizarre behavior.  In this case, it looks like the
inner class ParserImpl.ParseHTML is trying to accesss field _parseHead
directly.  However, the code in ParseHTML only accesses this field
through an accessor method but that method is not shown in your stack
trace.

I have seen wierd behavior like this in Microsoft JVMs.  What platform
are you on and what JVM are you using?  Try turning off the jit (-nojit)
and see if you still get this behavior.

HTH,
Gary