Re: Hair loss and Netscape Blues !!

From: Peter Evans <evans@i.hosei.ac.jp>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2000 17:54:22 +0900
To: html-tidy@w3.org
Sorry for a tardy response, but:

>I've read that Netscapes' implementation of CSS is patchy to
>say the least but it seems I have no alternative but to code
>pages uniquely for each browser - or forget about CSS completely
>until the specification is fully implemented in the main two

I'll resist the considerable temptation to pontificate about (i.e.
regurgitate my own favorite cliches about) the future of browsers, and
instead point anyone interested toward the "Masterclass" section of
http://www.richinstyle.com/ . (Yes, this man also uses tables for
non-tabular material, the font tag, etc., but I've found that his
advice is sound.)

(And if you think NS4.x is bad, try MSIE 3.x.)

Peter Evans mailto:evans@i.hosei.ac.jp