Re: Hair loss and Netscape Blues !!

From: Peter Evans <evans@i.hosei.ac.jp>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2000 17:54:22 +0900
To: html-tidy@w3.org
Sorry for a tardy response, but:

>I've read that Netscapes' implementation of CSS is patchy to
>say the least but it seems I have no alternative but to code
>pages uniquely for each browser - or forget about CSS completely
>until the specification is fully implemented in the main two
>browsers.

I'll resist the considerable temptation to pontificate about (i.e.
regurgitate my own favorite cliches about) the future of browsers, and
instead point anyone interested toward the "Masterclass" section of
http://www.richinstyle.com/ . (Yes, this man also uses tables for
non-tabular material, the font tag, etc., but I've found that his
advice is sound.)

(And if you think NS4.x is bad, try MSIE 3.x.)

Peter Evans mailto:evans@i.hosei.ac.jp