Re: how come JTidy doesn't use org.w3c.dom from Apache Xerces?

From: Gary L Peskin <garyp@firstech.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Nov 2000 07:53:23 -0800
To: Sami Lempinen <lempinen@iki.fi>
CC: jtnews <jtnews@bellatlantic.net>, html-tidy@w3.org
Sami Lempinen wrote:

> > If so, I'll move their classes in and make JTidy implement all of the
> > required methods.  In the meantime, I'll start adding the required
> > methods to the JTidy DOM classes.
>
> Please do not do anything yet that would require us to include Xerces
> in the distribution, as the license issue needs to be sorted out
> first. Suggestions?

Sami --

My changes to JTidy won't _require_ the Xerces DOM classes, only _allow_
them for people who want to use them instead of JTidy's DOM classes.
We'll leave it so that they can get the Xerces DOM classes themselves.

I should be able to put those changes in today or tomorrow.  Most of the
method implementations will be null (we won't support DOM 2 (yet)) but
at least the compile will work.

Gary