Re: HTML comments and SSI

At 13:44 15.09.2000 -0400, Chris Matson wrote:
> > We are agreed that newlines after comments should not be removed
>YES

I would like to see the same behaviour added for <INPUT TYPE="hidden">.
I usually write hidden INPUT fields right after the opening FORM tag,
indented and one per line.
Tidy currently collapses the line breaks and indentation into a single
space, which is not very "pretty"...

>Comments need to be indented in the pretty version, with no newlines removed
>OR ADDED.

I'd like to add to this that, like with <BR>, Tidy adds a
one-space-indentation after commments under certain circumstances, for
example if between comment and next tag or word is a newline plus one or
more whitespaces (typical for indentation). This appears to be quite
clearly a bug in the pretty printing routine of Tidy, if someone on this
list could tell me where and what to look for, I'd happily try to spot and
fix it.

sebastian
--
Sebastian Lange