Re: A question of style?!

From: Sebastian Lange <lange@cyperfection.de>
Date: Mon, 04 Sep 2000 15:36:23 +0200
To: html-tidy@w3.org
Cc: Dave Raggett <dsr@w3.org>
Tidy moves the first PHP tag into the second line, after the doctype
declaration... I wonder why?
It should rather be in the first line after <BODY>...

Also, the second PHP tag should stay in column 1, shouldn't it?

At 14:56 04.09.2000 +0200, Stephan Engelke wrote:
>Hi Sebastian,
>Sebastian Lange writes:
> > I basically do the same trick, define a couple PHP variables, include a
> > header file, then comes the page content, and then I include a footer file.
> >
> > For the content cleaning, I added the option "body-only" to my online
> > version of tidy [http://www.sl-chat.de/Tidy/?body-only=yes]... and then I
> > let some lower charges copy and paste the text into tidy and from there
> > into my template files... ;-)
>The option sound nice enough - I just seem to have a problem with it:
>When I paste my example file into the textarea, the first <?php
>... ?>- tag's contents are removed.
>--- top of file ---
>   include  ("common.php3");
>   mkheader ("Page title and <h1>-tag contents", "menu specifier");
>(some text)
><?php mkfooter(); ?>
>--- end of file ---
>is turned into
>--- top of file ---
>(some text) <?php mkfooter(); ?>
>--- end of file ---
>What am I missing?
>Regards -- Stephan
>Stephan Engelke                                                engelke@gmx.net

Sebastian Lange
Maybe the first chat site that validates as HTML
4.0 even though user input may contain HTML codes.

Courtesy to Dave Raggett's HTML Tidy:

Tidy your documents ONLINE: