Re: TIDY doesn't handle asp scripts correctly...instead it misinterprets them

From: Andreas Eibach <a.eibach@gmx.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2000 19:03:01 -0400 (EDT)
To: "Randy Waki" <rwaki@flipdog.com>
Cc: "HTML Tidy @ W3" <html-tidy@w3.org>

> Andreas Eibach wrote:
> >
> > Anyway, I've encountered a bug in current version:
> >
> > Just 'TIDY'  my small html file I enclosed in my mail - this explains it
> > all.
>
> As it turns out, this came up a few weeks ago.  Tidy is actually doing
> the right thing.  The &'s must be escaped as &amp; according to the HTML
> spec.  Check the thread in the mailing list archives at

As it turns out, this was *not* what I meant.

I think it hasn't anything to do with my problem.

Mine is that a site URL inside the HTML

results in a warning message

line 1 column xx - Warning: unescaped or unknown entity "&p2"
line 2 column yy - Warning: unescaped or unknown entity "&p3"

The thing the thread far below is talking about is a different thing.

Andreas