RE: TIDY doesn't handle asp scripts correctly...instead it misinterprets them

From: Randy Waki <rwaki@flipdog.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2000 09:56:56 -0600
To: "Andreas Eibach" <a.eibach@gmx.net>, <html-tidy@w3.org>
Andreas Eibach wrote:

> Anyway, I've encountered a bug in current version:
>
> Just 'TIDY'  my small html file I enclosed in my mail - this explains it
> all.

As it turns out, this came up a few weeks ago.  Tidy is actually doing
the right thing.  The &'s must be escaped as &amp; according to the HTML
spec.  Check the thread in the mailing list archives at

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/html-tidy/2000JulSep/thread.html

and search for "& in hrefs".

Hope this helps.

--Randy