Why is the DOCTYPE not omitted ?

From: ciaran byrne <ciaran.byrne@3tl.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2000 05:09:23 -0400 (EDT)
To: <html-tidy@w3.org>
Hi all,
	I'm using COM TIDY to load a HTML file which
is then treated as XML and as such goes through a
XML parser - MSXML3.

My problem is that the DOCTYPE causes an error to occur
in the loadXML method in COM TIDY. The DOCTYPE contained
within the HTML is:

is there anyway I can omit this DOCTYPE which will give me no error in the
loadXML method. I've tried the following:

TidyObj.Options.DocType="omit"
and
TidyObj.Options.OutputXML=true

but they don't seem to make a difference !!!

Any suggestions ?
Ciaran.