Re: C / Tidy core dump...

At 8:06 PM +0200 8/15/2000, Sebastian Lange wrote:
>Hello Larry, I did not experience this problem (C Tidy, compiled on Linux)...
>
>[http://www.sl-chat.de/Tidy/?text=Contact+%3CA+HREF%3D%22mailto%22lvirden%40cas
>.org%22%3ELarry+W.+Virden%3C%2FA%3E+with+comments%2C%0Aquestions%2C+or+updates.]
>
>>Tidy (vers 4th August 2000) Parsing console input (stdin)
>>line 1 column 1 - Warning: inserting missing 'title' element
>>line 1 column 10 - Warning: <a> unknown attribute value "(null)"
>>
>>stdin: Document content looks like HTML 3.2
>>2 warnings/errors were found!

Although it took me a moment to realize what HTML you were talking about, I
did try the Mac OS 04 Aug 00 version of Tidy, I didn't specify any options,
and I didn't have a problem. However the Mac OS 04 Aug 00 version (which I
haven't released yet) has a number of fixes that your version may not have
- specifically there are a number of fixes for the common problem of
dereferencing a NULL attribute value causing a crash/segmentation fault on
many platforms. I haven't yet made available the latest version of the web
page I maintain for Tidy bug/fixes.

MacTidy (vers 4th August 2000) Parsing console input (stdin)
line 1 column 1 - Warning: inserting missing 'title' element
line 2 column 18 - Error: <mailto:lvirden> is not recognized!
line 2 column 18 - Warning: discarding unexpected <mailto:lvirden>
line 2 column 43 - Warning: <url:> attribute
"http://www.purl.org/net/lvirden/" lacks value
line 2 column 43 - Error: <url:> is not recognized!
line 2 column 43 - Warning: discarding unexpected <url:>

stdin: Document content looks like HTML 3.2
6 warnings/errors were found!

>Dave - Maybe it would be a good idea to include the platform on which tidy
>was compiled into the version string?

I do that for the Mac platform (changing the hard-coded strings) - I'm not
sure Dave could do it in a portable cross-platform way.

Regards, Terry