tidy4aug00 update

From: Sebastian Lange <lange@cyperfection.de>
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2000 12:09:55 -0400 (EDT)
To: html-tidy@w3.org
I have updated my WEB frontend for HTML Tidy [http://www.sl-chat.de/Tidy/]
to the current version and am going to work a little bit on it during the
next days, so comments are welcome and suggestions will be implemented
right away.

Two things that I have noticed:

No matter what is set for "indent", "indent-spaces" or "indent-attributes",
tidy4aug00 ALWAYS indents text following a <BR> by one space.

Similar to the above, no matter what is set, XHTML documents always contain
a doctype identifier following this scheme:

It is always 2 lines, never one, and always indented by 4 spaces. Besides,
I believe there should be written "SYSTEM" before the DTD URL, am I wrong?
And besides that, the URL can be omitted, as is the case with all other
DOCTYPE identifiers written by tidy.

Sebastian Lange
Maybe the first chat site that validates as HTML
4.0 even though user input may contain HTML codes.

Courtesy to Dave Raggett's HTML Tidy: