Re: Empty TidyOut.log

From: Terry Teague <teague@mailandnews.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2000 23:51:19 -0700
To: <html-tidy@w3.org>
At 11:00 AM -0400 8/1/2000, Bob Boeri wrote:
>Just downloaded the latest Tidy (which we use integrated with Homesite
>4.5.1), since the March version we'd been using wasn't downcasing all tags.
>I ran the latest Tidy against a test HTML file I've "tidyed" up before, and
>I know the original has errors such as empty tags and tables without
>attributes.
>
>I receive an error message saying that errors and warnings were found, but
>the TidyOut log is empty. Nada.
>Any suggestions?

I believe this is the same bug as documented per my EMail of 16 Jul 00 :

As reported by several other people, and confirmed by myself, this is a bug
introduced into the 8 Jul 00 version of Tidy.

Fortunately, if you have the source code, the fix is quite simple :

tidy.c, Line 898 :

                if (input != null)

this should be :

                if (fp != null)