Re: tidy8jul00 filling STDERR despite "-f /dev/null"

At 4:36 PM +0200 7/10/2000, Sebastian Lange wrote:
>Hello Dave & other list members,
>
>No matter what I try in the configuration settings, I always get following
>message written to STDERR, when HTML 4.0 Transitional documents contain
>font tags:

>In my tidy.conf I have written:
>         show-warnings: no
>         error-file: /dev/null
>         quiet: yes
>
>Additionally to that, tidy is being called as:
>         tidy8jul00 -config tidy.conf -quiet -f /dev/null
>

>tidy30apr does NOT show this behavior, with identical settings.
>

>Is this a new bug or a new feature? If the latter, how do I turn it off?

I also ran into similar behaviour (although the config file in question had
warnings:yes). I have only briefly played with the Windows version of
Tidy08Jul00, but it seems to ignore the -f option, unlike previous versions.

To me this smells like a bug. I haven't looked at the source code yet.

Regards, Terry