tidy8jul00 filling STDERR despite "-f /dev/null"

From: Sebastian Lange <lange@cyperfection.de>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 16:36:28 +0200
To: html-tidy@w3.org
Hello Dave & other list members,

No matter what I try in the configuration settings, I always get following
message written to STDERR, when HTML 4.0 Transitional documents contain
font tags:

>You are recommended to use CSS to specify the font and
>properties such as its size and color. This will reduce
>the size of HTML files and make them easier maintain
>compared with using <FONT> elements.
>
>HTML & CSS specifications are available from http://www.w3.org/
>To learn more about Tidy see http://www.w3.org/People/Raggett/tidy/
>Please send bug reports to Dave Raggett care of <html-tidy@w3.org>
>Lobby your company to join W3C, see http://www.w3.org/Consortium

In my tidy.conf I have written:
         show-warnings: no
         error-file: /dev/null
         quiet: yes

Additionally to that, tidy is being called as:
         tidy8jul00 -config tidy.conf -quiet -f /dev/null

tidy30apr does NOT show this behavior, with identical settings.

Is this a new bug or a new feature? If the latter, how do I turn it off?

sebastian
Cyperfection - agentur fuer neue medien GmbH

Sebastian Lange
<mailto:lange@cyperfection.de>
+49-621-587104-22

Karl-Kraemer-Str. 4