Re: Bugs/suggestions

From: Barney Wol <Barney.Wol@noctua.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 11:45:45 -0600
To: html-tidy@w3.org

     Matthew Brealey seems to be having major problems using Tidy,
and I offer my sympathies - we still use Explorer 3 at work, and so
I, too, have to resort to "tricks" to get a reasonable result.
However, Tidy is designed to clean up illegal code, yet he seems to
be asking that it leaves it illegal!  This would defeat the whole
object, and I couldn't condone that.  I would suggest he uses the
error output file to see what Tidy believes is wrong, and correct
what is reasonable by hand.