Formatting feature request...

From: Alex <alex@locus.on.ca>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 10:59:33 -0500
To: <html-tidy@w3.org>

Could you include an option to use tabs instead of spaces? I know, it might not comply with whatever standards exist for HTML, but it's sooo convenient!

Also, maybe it is possible to give more detailed options for output formatting? Currently when I run Tidy, my code which was fit on one page now spans on three :(

The format I use is:

It's like I don't strip end tags (Netscape sometimes screw up my tables without them), but I don't waste a separate line for them either. Tidy currently doesn't have an option for that. Can you make one? Something like 'do not put end tags on new line'.

Also I noticed that if table cell contents span multiple lines, they are not indented past <td>, but are put on the same level as <td> tag. Could this one be addressed as well?

Thanks a lot.

Alex Savitsky
E-Commerce Developer
Locus Systems Inc.