Re: [Moderator Action] Tidy

On Tue, 18 Jan 2000, David Goudie wrote:

> I have been attempting to 'decode' a large microsoft doc file
> and fortunately have been able to duplicate the problem in a
> small test file.
>
> While I use xml and xsl as the basis for my work writing
> requirements specifications I do not have a strong insight into
> all aspects of these concepts. However, it seems to me that the
> <o:p> - which usually appears in <o:p></o:p> pairs - should be
> passed by Tidy. As always with Microsoft data files the
> percentage of 'junk' is large!

I just tried your test file and discovered that when you save
the file to "Web page" (not using the HTML export filter), all
of the <o:p> elements are empty. I am therefore curious as to why
you want these preserved. For instance, at the end of the file
there is:

Which is essentially an empty paragraph and a pretty poor way to
add vertical whitespace.

tel/fax: +44 122 578 3011 (or 2521) +44 385 320 444 (mobile)