Re: JavaScript Rollovers and Tidy (bug?)

On Tue, 2 May 2000, Marcus wrote:

> If you ever get the time to let me know what my error is, that
> would be terrific, but I don't expect you to have time, so
> PLEASE dont feel in any way that I am asking you to do so!! =).
> I have been experimenting with Tidy and cannot figure out a way
> to prevent it from rendering my Javascript rollovers in all
> lower case (ie: onMouseOver becomes onmouseover). This crashes
> in IE (of course...) >:( . I am using Tidy in 1st Page 2000 and
> have tested this in the TidyGUI linked to from your page. I have
> not tested it with the Command Prompt version you offer,
> however.

From my testing, IE5 doesn't care what the case is for attribute
names such as onmouseover. Indeed, XHTML defines this attribute as
all lower case. I suspect some other problem is causing your page
to fail in IE.

Take a look at my tutoral on html and CSS which works in both
Navigator and IE.

  http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/Guide/Advanced.html

tel/fax: +44 122 578 3011 (or 2521) +44 778 532 0444 (mobile)