Working with Tidy and HTML comments

From: Stephen Reynolds <spr@ozemail.com.au>
Date: Tue May 16 21:42:26 2000
To: html-tidy@w3.org
Does anybody on the list use tidy on HTML pages that contain comments?

I share the maintenance of a company Web site with another person. We make extensive use of comments describing the structure of the pages so that each of us can easily understand each others HTML code. We also use Dreamweaver templates which use propriety comments. We would like to use tidy to standardize our code, but tidy totally scrambles our comments.

How do list members work around this?

Regards, Steve