Virus-Warning: 'ILOVEYOU'-e-mail

From: Michael Nahrath <subotnik@gmx.de>
Date: Thu, 4 May 2000 16:08:12 -0400 (EDT)
To: John Tobler <objectoriented@softhome.net>, <html-tidy@w3.org>
Somebody seems to have successfully written a VBA-Windows-email-Virus.

I heard it in the Radio today, that it crashed several german offices.

Why I write this to the mailinglist:

I got recieved this mail too from someone who contacted me months ago in
reply to a posting I did in this list (I guess, he is OK and just cought the
virus unwillingly, we had a nice discussion).

So maybe some more of jou where members of his infected adressbook.

So:

Subject is: "ILOVEYOU" and attached is "LOVE-LETTER-FOR-YOU.TXT.vbs" which
contains some strange routines that may damage Windows severely, as far as I
can see.

Don't open! See the source-code, if your interested what _may_ happen.

Sorry for going OffTopic in this list, I wouldn't do that If I had not been
attaked by one other member's computer.

Greeting, Michi
--
Glad to be a Mac-user... :)