Re: tables?

From: John Littler <jlittler@nirvanet.net>
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 1999 12:33:41 +1100 (EST)
To: "Bjoern Hoehrmann" <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Cc: "John Littler" <linuxmusic@crosswinds.net>, <html-tidy@w3.org>

Aha, OK, I validated the doc and it seems that according to
a strict reading of the w3 stuff, you cannot nest tables (well,
that's my reading). I also noticed that "background=" in a <td>
seems to be a browser thing.
It all brings up an interesting point about validators/tidiers.
It would be nice to have something that said...
line xxx   "background=" in <td> browser x, browser y only
etc..
I can see that people might not want to write or keep updating
such a thing tho.
Cheers
John

quoting Bjoern Hoehrmann: