Re: Tidy (oct22) failed to parse comments

Randy Waki wrote:

> For XML, Tidy could fix comments by examining the characters between the
> <!-- and the -->. In runs of two or more consecutive hyphens, replace every
> other hyphen with a space. If the last character is a hyphen, replace it
> with a space.

We may be drifting far afield here, and I don't usually follow these
esoteric points in emerging standards terribly closely, but I just want
to know if I understand what this means. Does this mean the old trick of
hiding Javascript in HTML comments is not going to work in XML-ized
pages? Can you even have Javascript in XML-ized pages? I suddenly feel
like I'm missing something crucial. I haven't seen this issue discussed
before...
  / Todd_Lewis@unc.edu              http://www.unc.edu/~utoddl /
 /(919) 962-5273           "Year 00 compliant for -98 years!" /