Re: endless loop

On Fri, 19 Nov 1999, Emma Duke-Williams wrote:

> I am using html-tidy in html kit to try and redo some web pages.
> However it seems to get into an endless loop. The version I am
> using is Oct 22.
>
> The page that I am trying to re-do is:
> http://www.sis.port.ac.uk/~allangw/penpic.htm
>
> I found a message from someone who was seeming to have a similar
> problem, but as far as could tell that particular problem was
> fixed in the Oct 22 release.
>
> I'm afraid that I'm not very good (in fact can't at all!)
> understand technical command line interfaces - that's why I have
> to use it within HTML Kit.
>
> I know that there are a lot of closing tags omitted - is that the
> problem.

I have fixed the problem in the new release, which I plan to post
later today. I took a look at the above URL and note that it uses
<L>...</L> (not part of HTML) whereas, I would have expected to see

p.s. the download time for the photograph could be reduced
considerably, e.g. from 37Kb to 5Kb along with a slight improvement
in its perceived quality - I attach the revised file which was
generated by first smoothing then resampling the image to the visual
dimensions used in the page.

tel/fax: +44 122 578 3011 (or 2521) +44 385 320 444 (mobile)