Bug with long links

From: Alexander Biron <biron@ifh.de>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 1999 17:25:09 +0100 (MET)
To: html-tidy@w3.org
Hi,

the October 22nd version of tidy has a bug concerning long links (at
least in the default wrap=68 setting). I have
a code snipplet like
(<a href="verylongpath/file.html">foo</a>), where one does not want to
have whitespace between the brackets and foo. However when
"verylongpath" is very long indeed, tidy will start a new line for
"foo</a>) and introduces whitespace thereby. This happens when
everything after "(<a href=" becomes longer than 75 characters. I think
this bug had occured before and was corrected with the July 26nd release
or so, but am not shure.

I realised this when an opening bracket suddenly appeared at the end of
a line in one of my browser windows. The exact codesnipplet I used was:

(<a
href="cgi-bin/email/kontakt.pl?to=detlefbase@aol.com;came=allgemein/bsvbb_news.html">detlefbase@aol.com</a>)

--
Cheers alex          Alexander Biron